Are you looking for a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast? Look no further than this recipe for overnight oats with maple syrup and chia seeds! The combination of oats, maple syrup and chia seeds makes a nourishing meal to start your day off on the right foot. This simple dish can be prepared in minutes the night before and is ready to enjoy in the morning. It’s also vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free, and full of nutritious ingredients.
Overnight oats are an incredibly versatile dish – they can be adapted based on individual preference and dietary needs/restrictions easily. For example, you can use coconut milk instead of dairy milk if desired; you can swap out sweeteners such as agave nectar for maple syrup; you can use different types of grains such as quinoa flakes instead of rolled oats; etc. Additionally, this dish provides numerous health benefits due to its nutrient content – such as providing a good source of protein from both chia seeds & nuts (if used) along with healthy fats & carbohydrates from the rolled oats & other ingredients used within this recipe.
Overall, this delicious & wholesome overnight oat breakfast is sure to become one regular rotation within your household! With minimal effort required the night before combined with its many health benefits – why not give this easy recipe a try?
To make your overnight oats with maple syrup and chia seeds, you will need a few basic ingredients:
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of milk of choice (coconut milk or soy milk)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey for sweetening
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Any other mix-ins you desire such as nuts or dried fruit
- Start by putting ½ cup of rolled oats into a bowl or container that has an airtight lid. Pour in 1 cup of milk and stir together until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey for sweetness and stir again.
- Finally, mix in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. You can also add other mix-ins at this point if desired (such as nuts or dried fruit).
- Cover the bowl or container with its lid and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours before serving.
In the morning when ready to serve, give your mixture a good stir to break up any clumps that may have formed. If desired you can also warm it slightly by microwaving it for 15 seconds before eating. Do not forget to top your oatmeal with some extra sweetness such as more maple syrup or honey along with additional mix-ins like fresh fruit or nut butter! Enjoy your delicious overnight oat breakfast right away – there is no better way to start off your day!
Read our book Know Your Curls Inside Out: A Complete Guide to Curly Hair For All for some amazing recipes.The book and Journal are now available on Amazon!