Blueberries are a superfood and can be enjoyed in many ways, including blueberry-baked oatmeal. This scrumptious breakfast tastes great and offers plenty of benefits for hair, making it an ideal meal choice. Research has shown that eating blueberries or consuming them in the form of blueberry-baked oatmeal can help to make hair stronger and longer.
The vitamins and minerals found in blueberries play a major role in healthy hair growth. Vitamin A helps create sebum for the scalp and keeps it moisturized, while vitamin C helps with collagen production, strengthening hair strands and preventing breakage. Eating this tasty breakfast also provides vitamin E, which helps to increase circulation throughout the scalp area, improving follicle health and promoting healthy hair growth.
Start your day off with some delicious blueberry-baked oatmeal! This recipe is simple to make and will fill you up for hours. It’s perfect for a special breakfast, or anytime you need an extra boost.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, coconut milk, tofu, salt, and coconut butter until combined. Add in the maple syrup and baking powder and mix until everything is blended together. Add one cup of blueberries into the mixture and stir just enough to combine everything together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly. Top with the remaining cup of blueberries and gently press down into the batter so they are slightly embedded in it.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through in the center (test by inserting a toothpick – it should come out clean when done). Let cool for a few minutes before serving warm with additional toppings, such as chopped nuts, if desired. Enjoy!
Additional Notes: Feel free to get creative with this recipe! You can add any nuts, dried fruits, or spices you like to give your oatmeal an extra flavor boost! If you want a more cakey texture, add some applesauce and more baking powder to help fluff it up while cooking.