This banana coconut nectar recipe is guaranteed to be one of your favorite breakfast treats. Not only is it unbelievably delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make and ready in just a few minutes. This smooth, creamy treat tastes like a tropical getaway and makes the perfect way to start off your day.
Making this banana coconut nectar couldn’t be easier and it’s sure to become one of your favorites in no time. Not only does it provide essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C from the orange juice, but its high levels of antioxidants help fight off oxidative damage caused by environmental stressors like pollution that we face every day. The healthy fats from both the almond milk and shredded coconut provide energy to keep you going throughout the morning while still being low in sugar compared to other breakfast drinks or smoothies that are often loaded with added sweeteners such as fructose or cane sugar syrup. Plus, adding just a teaspoon of honey gives this drink an extra boost of sweetness without any unnecessary sugars!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- A handful of ice cubes
- Begin by peeling your banana and cutting it into small chunks. Place the chunks into a blender and add the shredded coconut, freshly squeezed orange juice, almond milk, honey (if using), and ice cubes.
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth and creamy. Depending on how powerful your blender is, this should take about 30-60 seconds. If needed, you can add more liquid or remove some if the mixture is too thick or thin for your desired consistency.
- Pour the blended mixture into glasses or mugs and enjoy! You can also top with some extra shredded coconut or fresh fruit if desired before serving. For an even creamier texture, feel free to use full-fat coconut milk instead of almond milk as well.
Read our book Know Your Curls Inside Out: A Complete Guide to Curly Hair For All for some amazing recipes.The book and Journal are now available on Amazon!