This delicious and refreshing strawberry smoothie bowl is a great way to start your day off right. It’s full of healthy fruits, dairy, and other ingredients that are sure to give you an energizing boost. Plus, it looks as good as it tastes!
Strawberry smoothie bowls are a great way to get lots of vitamins and minerals without all the added sugar found in many store-bought juices and drinks. Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C which helps support your immune system while bananas provide potassium which helps keep your muscles functioning properly. Greek yogurt supplies calcium while almonds provide healthy fats that help keep you feeling full longer while providing essential fatty acids like omega-3s which help lower cholesterol levels over time. Packed with flavor and nutrition this strawberry smoothie bowl is sure to become one of your favorite meals!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this mouthwatering recipe:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ banana, sliced
- ¼ cup plain plant-based yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: granola, chia seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, goji berries
- In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries and banana slices until fairly smooth. You should still have some small chunks of fruit in the mixture; this adds texture and flavor.
- Add the plant-based yogurt, almond milk, honey or agave nectar, and vanilla extract and blend until creamy. If you want an even creamier consistency you can add more almond milk or a spoonful of cashew butter.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl then top with your favorite toppings such as granola for crunchiness or goji berries for sweetness. Dig in!
This delicious strawberry smoothie bowl is perfect for breakfast but can also be enjoyed any time during the day as a snack or light meal. To make it even more filling try adding some protein powder or adding oats for extra fiber and carbohydrates. The possibilities are endless!
Read our book Know Your Curls Inside Out: A Complete Guide to Curly Hair For All for some amazing recipes.The book and Journal are now available on Amazon!