Does your cute little daughter have gorgeous curls that you don’t know how to handle?
Here’s how you can handle your little curly girl’s curls. But before we get into the details, here’s some advice.
Regardless of how old your curly girl is, tell her how beautiful her curls are. When you praise your young one’s curls, she will learn to embrace them as she gets older.
How to Handle Your Curly Girl’s Curls?
Here are some of the ways to handle your curly girl’s curls.
- Never use a fine comb or a brush for your daughter’s hair,
- Comb and detangle the curly hair when wet,
- When detangling gets tough, use a gentle detangling spray or a mix of water and conditioner to ease the tangles and knots.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry curly hair instead of a regular terry cotton towel, or simply use a worn-out t-shirt,
- Schedule regular trims so your daughter’s hair does not get split ends,
- Add a lot of conditioning to your daughter’s hair care routine and use a leave-in conditioner and comb it through your hair’s length,
- Use your fingers to define your daughter’s curls.
- Choose appropriate products that do not contain harsh chemicals, such as parabens, silicones, and sulfates.
- Take care of your daughter’s curls while sleeping by using a satin or silk pillowcase.
- Always tie up the curly hair both during the day and at night to keep tangles and knots at bay.
We hope that with these tips and tricks, you will be better able to handle your little curly girl’s beautiful curls with love and care.
Read our book Know Your Curls Inside Out: A Complete Guide to Curly Hair for All. The book and journal are now available on Amazon!